SUMMER'S HERE!

Today is 12 July 2015. It has been a week since the birth of Summer's Therapy Services. And I am loving it.
I look forward to the future, to reaching out to children with special needs and their families. Having been in the Speech Therapy profession for nearly eight years and being in community work for more than 20 years, I have come across many helpless families who do not know what to do to support their child with special needs.
As a Speech Therapist, I do not aim just to teach their child to talk. I also want to be part of their child's learning journey. I want myself and my staff to be the shoulder to lean on, the listening ear to woes, the source of referral to other required services, the consultant for future educational plan, and much more.
As the ancient African proverb says 'It takes a village to raise a child.' Wouldn't it take much more than a village to raise a child with special needs?
With this belief and our vision of 'self-determination and independence for every child', Summer's will bring you and your child the best in home-based therapy services. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANCELLATION POLICY

SPEECH BUDDIES REVIEW (Part 2)

THANKSGIVING NO. 9