FROM SINGAPORE, WITH LOVE

Yesterday and today evening, I was invited to speak at a public exhibition of Singaporeans who have participated in community work overseas.
It is really my honour to be one of the 50 Singaporeans to be featured in this project, From Singapore, With Love. It is an initiative by Care Positioning System (CPS), in celebration of SG50. I really like what they are doing because CPS aims to gather all the like-minded people who are doing community work overseas, so that resources can be maximised and projects will have continuity. Find out more at www.inspiration.volunteerbetter.com
In my sharing this evening, I highlighted the lack of Speech Therapy services in neighbouring countries. For countries such as Nepal and Myanmar, the profession does not exist at all. In my last community work trip to Myanmar in March 2015, it breaks my heart to see that the children do not get any support for their needs, especially those with severe communication difficulties and swallowing difficulties. Despite a two-day intensive training in this area, I know I must return again. For there is so much to share but so little time. 
The next trip to Myanmar is planned for June 2016, with the aim of sharing knowledge and experiences of how to support the development of children with special needs. I hope to have more like-minded people to join me.
Do spread the word around for me. 
Poster on display at the exhibition. It will be going around Singapore. Check out the schedule at 

Community involvement will be a major part of Summer's Therapy Services. This is my passion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANCELLATION POLICY

SPEECH BUDDIES REVIEW (Part 2)

INTERVIEW WITH OUR YOUNGEST THERAPIST!