REDEMPTION WITH DJ

It has been 12 days since my last post on DJ. I had another two sessions with him. 

I am excited to share about those two sessions! Because DJ is no longer trying to get off-seat or trying to rush through the tasks. 

I changed my approach completely... First, I removed the schedule board. Second, I moved the table aside. It was funny how DJ stretched towards the table to check out the schedule board, to find out what he had to do, but could not even find the board.

I simply told him, "Come play with Teacher." He looked at me straight in my eyes and gave a cheeky smile. We played tickle... we played throwing/catching ball... we played blowing a windmill...  we laughed and had fun together... I obtained the rapport again! 

Then... I told him, "Let's do work for 5 counts and we can play again!" He looked at me with moderate reluctance and I repeated calmly, "Just 5 counts." He trusted me and know that when teacher said '5 counts', it would be '5 counts'. So we did 5 counts of work and off to play again. With this, we did many '5 counts of work'! 

It reminds me that when a child does not learn, it is not because he/she does not have the ability to learn, it is because we are not teaching him/her in the way which he/she can learn. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANCELLATION POLICY

SPEECH BUDDIES REVIEW (Part 2)

INTERVIEW WITH OUR YOUNGEST THERAPIST!