SPEECH BUDDIES REVIEW (Part 1)

I love the mummies (and daddies) whom I work with.

They are so resourceful, always looking out for new therapy tools and approaches to help their child. They are so willing to share their discoveries and I can pass it on to bless other parents.

One of the best recommendations is SPEECH BUDDIES.
https://www.speechbuddy.com/parents/tools


The child, let's call her Ariel, is turning 7 this year and she presented with severe motor planning difficulties when I first met her 9 months ago. With fervent follow-up on the home tasks by her mum, Ariel has made much improvement and we progressed to working on individual speech sounds.

Ariel sailed through sounds such as /s/, /z/, /f/ and /v/, in isolation (initial and final positions) and in words. However, her difficulties with /l/ persisted.

I tried the following methods and tools and achieved little success:
(1) Tapping the back of her upper front teeth to encourage tongue elevation
(2) Using the Tongue Elevator
(3) Using PROMPT
(4) Modeling tongue elevation (together with the use of a mirror)

Ariel's mummy asked me one day if I have heard of the Speech Buddies. I said "yes... but I have not used it before." She said it might be the answer that we had been searching for. So I started finding out more about it and managed to get a complimentary set of Speech Buddies! (Many thanks to Speech Buddies, Inc)

Stay with me as I review the Speech Buddies in my next blog entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANCELLATION POLICY

SPEECH BUDDIES REVIEW (Part 2)

THANKSGIVING NO. 9