JUST A MINUTE

Last month, I was listening to the audiobook 'Just a Minute' by Wess Stafford.




I am really excited to know that I have so many 'just a minute' moments everyday as I work with children. And Wess Stafford defines these moments as Divine Appointments.

He said, "If God stands a child before you, for even just a minute, it is a divine appointment. You have the chance to launch a life if you will. You will never know when you are making a memory. With each child you encounter, you have the power, the opportunity to build up or sadly to tear down. A life can be literally launched with as little as a single word, an uplifting comment, a well-timed hug, a tender prayer, a compliment, the holding of a frightened hand or the gentle wiping of a tear. All in just a minute."


As much as it is true that I have given the children many 'just a minute' moments, they have also returned the favour. And not to forget those moments their parents/caregivers have given me too...

ZI's Mum upon knowing how I work: "Wah... it must be tiring to travel around for sessions."

ZI who will crawl onto my lap when we do speech practices on the iPad.


TT, introducing me to Grandma, who had came from London: "Oh, this is the teacher who brings me toys."


SM's Grandma:"Come come, you must have a drink. At least half a cup."


SM's Dad who bought me two big portions of Chwee Kueh from Tiong Bahru Market.


SM who always waits for the lift with me and shouts a loud 'bye'!


CR's Grandma who bought me two pieces of Kueh and CR who told me earnestly, "you.. you take this one for lunch ok?"


Zo's Mum, when I texted that I would be late: "Sure sure. Take your time. We are just at home."


DR's Mum, when I texted that I was caught in a jam, "Sure. Please drive safely."


OW who walked quickly across the room and gave me a big hug while Mum and I were chatting at the end of the session.


OW's Mum, whom I have not seen for a while: "So how are you doing? How's business?"


KY who always runs towards me, calls 'Teacher Hui Ting!" and then jumps into my arms for a big Koala welcome hug.


JN's Mum, as I was leaving after the session: "Do you need a drink? Do you need the toilet or anything?"


LH's Aunties and Grand Auntie: "Looks like it is going to rain. Do you have an umbrella?"


QZ's Mum: "Did you have a hard time finding the place?" She also texted me when I arrived early at the condominium and the security guards informed her of my arrival, "Do you want to come up and start early since you are here?"


YK's Mum who bakes a million kinds of breads and cakes for me, as well as always buying my favourite JolliBee when I visit YK in Brunei.


HP's Mum who always buys me coffee, regardless of the session being at 8 am or 3 pm.


OL's Grandma who always serves me a three-course lunch when I visit OL in KL, asking if I wanted more green tea, watermelo, croissants, etc!

NQ's parents who always make lunch for me on Saturdays after knowing how packed my Saturday schedule is.

These are just a few of the many 'just a minute' moments that the children and parents/caregivers have given me. Their loving words and actions show me that they see and value me beyond 'just a therapist'. Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANCELLATION POLICY

SPEECH BUDDIES REVIEW (Part 2)

THANKSGIVING NO. 9