THANKSGIVING NO. 5

Yeah! Another year of Summer's has flew passed... I am proud and thankful of Journey 2019. Our team has grown! We have onboard our IT Engineer, Hon Tjuin, in March and another Speech Therapist, Jayne in June. I am especially thankful that these two new colleagues share similar values and passion. This is priceless.

In November, we visited Hon Tjuin, who is working remotely in Sitiawan, Malaysia. We had such a great time connecting with one another and even had our early annual DnD.

Hon Tjuin also updated the team on his latest work projects.
It was great to see his work station too; now we can visualise where he is when we do our Skype calls.
We also met his Aunt, Grandmother and Grandfather. Oh! And his two dogs.

This year, we also see a new collaborative relationship with Inner Circle, in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I have been consultating for Inner Circle's Speech Therapy services since April. I see the Speech Therapy team group grow from one therapist to three, and they just hired the fourth! The growth is fantastic and I am happy to see the increase in demand for Speech Therapy services due to the amazing progress of the children and good reviews from parents.

The three Speechies whom I am working with at Inner Circle, an ABA-VB therapy service provider in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
 I applaud Inner Circle for its effort to provide supervision to these young professionals,
to ensure that quality services is provided to the children and their families.


Apart from the new collaboration in Dhaka, Bangladesh, we are still providing our consulation services in Indonesia, Brunei and Myanmar. It is always awesome to share our knowledge with our counterparts in developing countries. 

Beside traveling for consulation, I have also travelled for some training workshops for my own growth. I believe that this is highly important as we need to keep abreast with latest knowledge and therapy approches. 

In May, I went to Manila, Philipines, for one of the latest workshop by TalkTools - "Functional Assessment and Remediaton of Tethered Oral Tissues". It was conducted by Lori Overland, one of my favourite Speech Therapist, who has heaps of experience in the areas of feeding.

In November, I (and Mag and Jayne) went to Penang to attend a two-day workshop by the Guru of Speech Sound Disorders, Caroline Bowen. She has a wealth of practical and theoretical knowledge.

On the personal front, I welcomed my second niece in May! I love being Aunt all over again. Another milestone is that my older niece is going Primary 1 next year. She is no longer the kindergartener whom I had spent much time doing pretend play with. She is now into playing Pokemon Go and boardgames, doing experiments and going window shopping.   

My older niece TT and her baby sister YY! Now TT has a real doll to play with.

Christmas shopping with TT at Orchard Road

2019 has been a busy year for me. New projects. More travels. New Staff. More mentoring work. Despite being a busy year, I feel that it was not empty buzzing around; I have forged many new relationships and strengthen the old ones, especially with the families I work with and my old friends. 

I look foward to yet another busy year in 2020, mentoring more newly qualified therapists both locally and in the region, working with my kiddos and spending quality time with family and friends.

Much blessing to all of you in 2020!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPEECH BUDDIES REVIEW (Part 2)

CANCELLATION POLICY

INTERVIEW WITH OUR YOUNGEST THERAPIST!